RULES: The official interscholastic rules will govern the competition. This meet is sanctioned by USA swimming (Sanction number GA19-034/OBS). Particular attention is directed to:
1. All contestants must represent their respective high schools.
2. All contestants must meet eligibility requirements as outlined by the Georgia High School Association.
3. Contestants may enter no more than two (2) individual events and a total of four (4) events.
4. Each school shall be allowed no more than four (4) contestants in any individual event.
5. A school shall be allowed no more than one (1) team in each relay event.
6. A swimmer or relay team is disqualified for one false start.
7. Scoring shall be through ten places; 14-11-10-9-8-6-4-3-2-1 individual events, 28-22-20-18-16-12-8-6-4-2 for relay events.
8. Girls swimming events will precede the boys events.
9. DIVING Changes for 2019: DIVING (This is a 6-dive meet and the fee is $10 per diver). All divers must meet the following d.d. requirement for the six optional dives: Girls 11.5, Boys 12.0. There are NO compulsory/voluntary dives. All 5 dive groups must be represented, with one group being represented twice.
The meet will be conducted using divemeets.com and is now active on the system. A detailed instruction sheet is posted under "OTHER" in the Meet Files tab on the right side of this page near the Hy-Tek Event file. All divers must be registered with divemeets.com in order to submit a dive list. Divemeets.com has automated deadlines for submitting the dive list, which cannot be extended. The system will not accept any dive list or changes after the deadline. Please do not mail, email, fax, or drop off any diving sheet. The only divers who will participate are those who have been properly entered on Hy-Tek Team Manager by Jan. 21 at 6 p.m., AND who have registered and submitted a dive list on divemeets.com by Jan. 23 by 6 p.m. No more than 4 divers per gender per school may submit a dive list. If a school has more than 4 divers per gender, additional divers will be scratched. The divemeets system will be active by Jan. 1, 2019 for the 49th Annual METRO Meet. If there are more than 30 divers in either event, there will be a cut to 20 after 3 dives. This meet is not the place to attempt dives for the first time. The referee has the right and the authority to request a diver to demonstrate any dive that is listed in the divemeets submission, prior to the competition. No diver is allowed to practice or compete without an official coach from the school being on the deck with the participating diver. All divers must be included in the official entry on Hy-Tek Team Manager which must be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org by the deadline. The format of this meet does not satisfy the criteria for state meet qualification nor for submission to ALL-AMERICA candidacy.