The number of records is: -1
Notes from GHSSCA February 27, 2010 meeting
* Attendance: There were 34 present at the meeting.
* Business meeting: President Richard Taverano welcomed everyone and introduced the additional elected officers Jim Reason (Duluth) Vice President, Terry Blish (Marist) Secretary/Treasurer, and Pete Higgins (Westminster) Training Director.
* Treasurer's Report: Terry Blish gave the Treasurer's report.
* Old business: A discussion of the State Meet was held. All-State certificates were available for the coaches. Unclaimed certificates will be mailed. Beginning in this year (2009-2010), there will be a $10.00 charge for each All-State certificate earned by swimmers of non-member coaches. There was interest in creating a message board on our web site. The location of the Junior High season seems to be working well. We want to continue the new coaches clinic in our Fall meeting.
* New business: There was agreement to ask that the qualifiers go to 10 places for both the championship and consolation finals where the facility will allow for 10 lanes. Everyone seemed to like the new state meet entry process used on the website. We do want to add an Alternate check box for all names on the list. We want to keep the online rules clinic available until the first possible meet. The focus seemed to be on rule changes and not the rules themselves. We want to continue to have personal rules clinic available at our Fall meetings. We would like for the event headings to show on second page of the online state entry screen.
* Motion was passed to only make available the Invitational Meets Tab and the Coaches email addresses and phone number to dues paid members on our web site.
* No report was given by the committee formed to study the naming of Coach-of-the-Year and Swimmer-of-the-Year awards. David Reason, Jan Allen, Terry Blish, Eric Brown, Colin Maloney, and Al Otte volunteered to serve on this committee.
* Election: Jim Reason (Duluth) stepped down as our Vice President and Greg Puckett (Brookwood) was elected to the position and Terry Blish (Marist) was reelected to serve another term as our Secretary-Treasurer.
* High Scoring Teams: The high scoring teams in the 1-4A and 5A 2010 State Meets by Classification were announced.
BOYS CLASS GIRLS
Wesleyan A Wesleyan
GAC AA Westminster
St. Pius X AAA St. Pius X
Marist AAAA Marist
Brookwood AAAAA Lassiter
* Coach-of-the-Year: Rick Creed (Mill Creek) was elected for the 5A Girls, while Greg Puckett (Brookwood) was elected as 5A Boys Coach. In the 1-4A Schools Beth McGee (Greater Atlanta Christian) was elected as Boy's Coach, and Nell Hess (Sequoyah) was elected as the Girl's Coach. Congratulations to these fine coaches.
* Swimmer-of-the-Year: 5A Girls is Erin Reisinger (Walton) and Matias Koshi (Northview) for the 5A Boys. In the 1-4A Girls Nicole Stafford (Westminster) and Doug Reynolds (Loganville) for the 1-4A Boys. Hats off to these outstanding swimmers.
* Fall Meeting: The Fall GHSSCA meeting will be hosted by Marist on September 11, 2010, with the GHSA Rules Clinic at 9:00 am; GHSSCA business meeting at 10:00 am; and clinic to follow at 12:00 pm.