The number of records is: -1
Minutes from GHSSCA Fall Meeting Saturday, September 13th
Minutes from GHSSCA Fall Meeting
Saturday, September 13th
at Westminster Schools
* Meeting began a little after 10:00 am with approximately 55 individuals in attendance
* Welcome: Greg Puckett announced the board members for GHSSCA and welcomed all coaches.
*Treasurer’s report – Terry Blish reported that there is a projected balance of $144.37 for ending of 2013-14 season.
See full Treasurers report at end of minutes for details of income and expenditures.
*Membership report – Terry Blish reported on membership costs and benefits of membership
*President’s report – Greg Puckett let group know that there was a need to fill the Vice President’s positions since previous VP was no longer coaching a
with the following sessions/speakers
- Pete Higgins (Westminster) and Rick Creek (Mill Creek) at pool providing instruction on stroke technique and drills
- Round table / panel discussion with various veteran coaches available to answer questions
*Old Business –
- Hall of Fame update – Rick Creed reported that process of determining individuals to be recognized is progressing but that it may be difficult to
determine individuals who may qualify based on having a NISCA Top 5 performance
- proposed Amendments to GHSSCA Constitution from Spring 2013 meeting was discussed and approved by a vote of 54-0.
*New Business –
- Discussed ways of supporting our new and veteran coaches during the season – how can GHSSCA help?
- Problem with scheduling of meets was discussed with the following options suggested as potential solutions
- add a section to the website where coaches could list an interest in finding individuals for dual/tri/quad meets.
- create a private facebook group for coaches to post info about needs for meets
- Discussed including additional helpful info on the website with suggestions of including team size and info on middle school coaches
- discussed instruction on using ga.prepcountry.com website for entry of State qualifiers and State entries – suggested that coaches login prior to
start of season to verify that everything is working
- discussed State meet info –
The 2014-15 State Swimming & Diving Championships will be held at the Campus Recreation Center on the campus
of the Georgia Institute of Technology in the following format:
Feb. 5, 2015 9:00 a.m. Diving Finals – A through 5A (warmup at 7:00 a.m.)
Feb. 5, 2015 3:00 p.m. Diving Finals – AAAAAA (warmup at 1:00 p.m.)
Feb. 6, 2015 9:00 a.m. Swim Prelims – A through 5A (warmup at 7:00 a.m.)
Feb. 6, 2015 6:30 p.m. Swim Prelims – AAAAAA (warmup at 5:00 p.m.)
Feb. 7, 2015 1:00 p.m. Swim Finals – A through 5A (warmup at 11:00 a.m.)
Feb. 7, 2015 6:00 p.m. Swim Finals – AAAAAA (warmup at 4:30 p.m.)
SUBJECT DATE TIME
Dive – POP Within 1 week of performance
Swim – POP Within 1 week of performance
Dive – Last POP Thursday, January 29 9:00 p.m.
Swim – Last POP Thursday, January 29 9:00 p.m.
Dive – Dive sheet for State Wednesday, February 4 4:00 p.m.
Swim – Actual meet entry Friday, January 30 4:00 p.m.
Dive – Changes on State sheet Wednesday, February 4 4:00 p.m.
- Vicky Sanchez Tuymer (GHSA dive representative) discussed proper procedures for getting dive qualifying Proof of Performance info to her at GHSA. Also discussed deadlines and procedures for entering in State meet
- Franke Marsden discussed what coaches could do to support the upcoming vote at the GHSA Executive Committee meeting on changing the scoring of the State meet from Top 16 to Top 20.
- date for Spring meeting set for Saturday, February 21, 2015 with Collins Hill, North Paulding and Mount Vernon all volunteering to host the meeting.
- don’t forget online rules clinic for GHSA – October 6 - 27
- Info on Invitational meets was presented to the group
Fidelity National Account:
Balance 9/13/2013 103.88
Award Plaques, Teams $374.50
Award Plaques, Coaches $409.28
and Swimmers of the Year Third Place Medals/Trophies $499.45
Coach of the Year Awards $200.00
All-State Certificates $300.00
Annual Account Main. Fee $10.00
Business Registration $15.00
Dues & Interest collected $1,848.72
+ Beg. Balance 9-13 $103.88
Total Credits $1,952.60
Projected Balance for 2013-14 season $144.37
Approved changes to GHSSCA Constitution – 2015
Article 4: Officers
A. Officers shall be elected for two year terms at the annual spring meeting; President and Training Officer will be elected in the even numbered years and the Vice-President ,Treasurer and Secretary in the odd numbered years. In the case that an officer resigns or is unable to fulfill his duties, the office will be filled by appointment of the remaining officers for the remainder of the term.
Article 5: The duties of each office
D. The Secretary shall:
1. Take minutes of all regular and special meetings.
2. Be responsible for all correspondence of the association.
3. Send reports as required by GHSA or requested by the President.
4. Keep information updated on various historical lists. Historical lists to include but not limited to – Athlete of Year, Coach of Year, State Records, State Champions – team and athlete, and NISCA All-Americans.